Thursday, July 28, 2011

Toy Box Project

A few months ago I found these old toy boxes at the D.I. for $5 dollars each! I've wanted to get Wes some toy boxes but I couldn't find any for less than $100, they are expensive little buggers and I'm cheap so.... 

 A little sanding, primer and white paint that we already had, some new hardware, and cute lettering from Hobby Lobby made them much cuter.  I ended up spending about $15 total in the end. The bottom one has a little dent on the side top part which is waiting for a fixing from my handy husband, but who knows when that will
 get done....so they are mostly done:)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What a great find. I love the letters you put on, I never would have thought of that!

Susan said...

Wow! Mom and I are sitting here looking at this post and we are both very impressed! You should submit those photos to the Better After blog.

Jen said...

WOW, GREAT job Ruth!! Those look AWESOME!! :)