Sunday, August 8, 2010

Women of Steel Sprint Tri

I did it! I completed a sprint triathlon on Saturday and I had so much fun. I definitely have room for lots of improvement but you gotta start somewhere:)

The swim wasn't as bad as I had imagined it and I came out at a decent time.
Here we are all lined up for the swim. I'm sort of towards the back. Gold stars if you can spot me....or maybe just my pink head.


Check out that awesome form......uh NOT!! Swimming skills need some serious work... I'm the one in the farthest lane and had just started. They had you weave in and out of the lanes.

Biking! This was by far my FAVORITE and best part. I finished 7th for my time in my age group!
Taking off on the bike route.
Finishing up the bike. There were lots of killer hills, but I loved it.
Taking off for the run. I think I took off a little fast in the first mile 'cuz I TOTALLY ran out of steam the last half!!

Coming in to the finish. (If it looks like I'm walking, I practically am....I was dead:)
Overall, it was such a fun time.
Weston on the other hand wasn't too excited about it.

He was a good fan anyway though:)

11 comments:

Mindy said...

You are so cute. And tiny. And perfectly toned arms. The end. :)

Andrea said...

Kudos on finishing your first Triathlon, and coming out so well in the biking segment! We are proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ruthie! i want in on the next one :-)

Cali said...

Good work! That's so awesome- and you do look great!

Val Moir said...

Great job Ruth! I am glad you had fun.

Susan said...

yep, my sister rocks!
next year we do one together yeah?

Penny said...

You did great and you look great too. But next time I expect Kyle to be doing it with you.

Nancy said...

Good job Ruthie--we knew you could do it!

Emmett Family said...

I think that I get a gold star, I'm sure that I see you in the pink cap (not). Way to go, next time we'll be glad to come and help Kyle and Weston cheer you on.

Cassie said...

Ruthie, You are amazing! I am so impressed and proud of you! I think I would have drowned in the swim! P.S. It is illegal for you to look so great when you only have a 7 month old baby. Way to Go!

California Scott's said...

you are amazing! i could never in a million years do that!