Saturday, November 8, 2008

Kyle Emmett....AKA Beckham

I'm so proud of my husband. After begging and pleading for him to play on my coed indoor soccer team with me, he finally gave in! Last week was his first game and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I've never seen him play soccer and he is actually half decent for never playing before in his life. Although he is naturally athletic, a good football player, and runner, I was a little nervous he would try and tackle someone on the field and run around not knowing what to do, all awkward like (Sorry honey)...but nope, he did great! I took some pictures of him before the game all decked out in his soccer attire. We bought him some brand new indoor shoes, socks, and shin guards.
I thought he was a little nervous at first to play...

...but then he started working the camera and gained some confidence so I wasn't too worried. Wow.

This is what happened to his toes a day or two after the game. I think his poor little feet weren't use to moving around like that! Tougher sport than you thought huh Kyle:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah that is funny! way to go kyle!

Susan said...

Ok that is awesome. I totally miss playing soccer. If I ever move back to Utah we all need to form a coed soccer team or something. You know we would just be UNSTOPPABLE!

Val Moir said...

That is awesome Kyke-- way to go, I totally would play on a coed team too, if I ever could get myself back in shape